There is nothing in this world that makes me more anxious than knowing that I left my make-up bag at home and I have a full day of meetings and events ahead of me. There is nothing more terrifying than knowing you were going to the bar after work and you didn’t have any of your holy grail make-up items to touch-up with. Hey, if you’re a make-up junkie and live and die by concealer you know what I mean!
It took me a while to gather what my essentials where so I could stop hauling a bunch of stuff I didn’t need but once I did, they permanently reside in my make-up bag that travels from purse to purse.
Shop The Post:
Here’s Why These Products are Always in My Purse:
- Charlotte Tillbury Beach Stick in Ibiza- This yummy bronzing stick smells like chocolate and it has a subtle shimmer. Perfect for lightly contouring and when I want to look bronze and beautiful on the go. Mess free and easy to dab in with your fingers.
- Atelier Cologne in Rose Anonyme- I always carry a fragrance with me because I might have to go to an event at night and this rich, musky scent always gets me compliments.
- Amika Dry Shampoo- A little bit of volume and texture is always nice in this Houston humidity and Amika does a great job at it. This dry shampoo refreshes my scalp and gets rid of any greasiness or bad odor.
- Too Faced Melted Lipstick- This lip gloss is very pigmented so I use very little to get a light pink tint. If I’m going for a bolder lip a little goes a long way with this liquid lipstick. It smells delicious like berries!
- Laura Mercier Mascara- I am currently loving this sample mascara. Provides definition and is buildable throughout the day. Not great on the volume game but working to refresh my gaze during the day.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer- My holy grail take-everywhere concealer. This cutie has a small mirror inside and is perfect for concealing dark circles and imperfections. It fits in the tiniest of handbags and lasts forever. This is the second one I buy.
- Benefit Gimme Brow– My eyebrows always have to be on point and this tinted eyebrow gel is great for taming and filling out any gaps in my eyebrows. I got this cute sample in a Birchbox! Highly considering buying the full size.
- Maybelline Baby Cheeks – Love this compact fool proof blush that I can apply with my fingers. It’s a very buildable tinted gel and I can’t recommend it enough for under $6!
- It Cosmetics LipBalm Vitality Lip Flush in Je Nai Sais Quoi – This lip product gives the most natural, juicy, pink hue to your lips. It’s also a great primer for any lipstick. I love it by itself. I’m on my second tube!
- Bobbi Brown eyeshadow stick in Golden Pink – The easiest on the go eye shadow, stays on all day and makes me look so awake with it’s shimmery (note: not metallic or golden) hue. It’s also very easy to blend it with powder or other cream shadows. This is the third one I’ve bought–Bobbi Brown-sponsor my addiction please!
These products keep me looking natural and polished even if I’m sporting a “No Make-Up” Look!
Tips on How To Streamline Your Everyday Make-Up Bag:
- Do not carry around bulky make-up brushes. If you do carry a brush, make sure it has a lid.
- Buy the travel size of your favorite beauty products at Sephora and Ulta.
- Choose creamy bronzer and blush formulas to carry in your purse which only need your finger to apply or blend in.
- Every season, clean-up your make-up bag and check for products that have expired like mascara. More make-up bag detox tips here.
- Dig into your beauty sample drawer & build your everyday make-up bag with these.
- Choose a make-up bag that is small and easy to transfer from purse to purse.
What must have product do you carry in your make-up bag?
Now…it’s time for a fabulous giveaway so you can stock up on all your make-up bag essentials!
I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give THREE WINNERS a chance to win a $175 Sephora Gift Card!
Simply enter below by completing the Rafflecopter.
You’ll receive one entry per completion.
This giveaway is open internationally and runs until 10/17.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!